As well as having a show of animals, eg, horses, cattle, sheep, poultry, they will have a food hall, craft fair and a crafts competition.
"The RDS and Country Markets are joining with the Kerry County Agricultural and Industrial Show Committee and Tralee Guild ICA in organising the craftsmanship scheme for the encouragement of craftsmanship in handwork and the development of Irish Country Crafts. It consists of competition classes as outlined hereunder. Open to any resident in Ireland."
There are lots of different categories, but here are the textile ones:
- Hand Knit Adult Garment - stitch & wool of choice.
- Hand Knit Child Garment - stitch & wool of choice.
- Hand Knit Baby Garment - stitch & wool of choice..
- Any article in Wool/Fine Cotton Crochet.
- Any article in Patchwork.
- Any article in Embroidery.
- Soft Toy - any material
- Tapestry Picture or Fire Screen.
- Any Knitted Article/Garment - stitch & wool of choice.
- Hand Knit Scarf.
More detailed info and application forms are all available on their website and blog.