When the summer is nearing its end, and the kids are getting ready to go back to school. You know its Electric Picnic time!!
Greencrafts will be making a welcome return to the festival, an exciting area that celebrates and teaches the ancient techniques and crafts of our wilder forefathers.Over the weekend there will be a host of master craftsmen and women on hand to teach traditional skills and there will be hands-on workshops with natural and sustainable materials to make something beautiful to take home with you.
- Woven St Bridgit Cross & God’s Eye: Stitchlily
- Leather shoulder bags, belts & key-rings: The Craft Tangle
- Leather belts & ogham key fobs: Celtic shoes
- Rag rugs (introduction): Rags to Bitches
- Knitting hats, bags, scarves & headbands: Knitting Ninjas
- Dream catchers: Crystal Echoes
- Weaving using tapestry frame/table looms: Grennan Mill Craft School
- Bags & belts made using crochet & macrame: Lost & Found
- Felt making juggling balls & decorative animals: Emma’s Feltworks
The village will be open from 2pm to 6pm on Friday, then on Saturday and Sunday from 10am-6pm.
PS: We're off to the Electric Picnic, so there will be no updates until we have dried off our tents or soothed our sunburn (hopefully, the latter!). Normal updates and email replies will resume from the 8th of September. Thanks!