If you want to blog about this competition (and please do) feel free to copy this as well...
If you are into crochet or knitting, you are probably a member of Ravelry, but if you are not, then here's a reason to join...
On behalf of The Woolly Way of Ireland, I have gotten together with some members of different Irish groups to organise a competition for one lucky person to win HUGE GOODY BAG FROM IRELAND!!
The Prize includes:
A Skein of Hand-Dyed Yarn donated by GaietyGirl and her up and coming Etsy Shop…
- A large Skein of hand-dyed, hand-blended, hand-spun yarn from RockPoolCandy.
This competition is exclusive to Ravelry. So, if you are not in, come and join up, its free. Rules and details of the competition are in St. Patrick's Day Celebrations Group
I apologise to anyone not in Ravelry, I would have liked to make it a more public event, but its the easiest way to manage it. Maybe if its successful we will think of doing it differently next year. For now, this was enough to manage..
So if you are in Rav, here are the details:
- You simply have to make something with an Irish theme, and take a photo of it on St. Patrick's Day.
- Any textile craft is allowed, e.g. crochet, knitting, weaving, mixed, as long as it has an Irish theme. Any Irish theme, so it doesn't have to be the colour green…
- Post the photo in the Competition thread, which will be open from the 19th of March until 6pm on the 20th March 2009 (Irish time)
- Voting will open on the 21st March 2009
- To vote for your favourite, simply click on the LOVE button
- Voting will close on 6pm (Irish time) March 27th 2009. There is only one winner so the person with the most LOVE votes wins! If there is a tie, the donors of the prizes will cast the final votes
- The winner will be announced and contacted by PM. We will then get your BIG IRISH PRIZE in the post…
So, you have a month to start making something, take the picture, 3 days to post the pic, then a week to vote...the winner will be announced on the 27th March.
I've just heard the Dublin Knit Collective are going to run a St. Patricks Day Knit-A-Long (KAL). So, if your a knitter, join up both for the chance to get something Irishy knitted, and enter two competitions at once..More details here